6 Travel Tips for ZoukMX
If you are reading this, you may be deciding to join us for what will be an unforgettable journey to Playa del Carmen, Mexico! A week full of dance, new friends, and connecting to yourself and others through movement, music and the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen. We want to make you feel as prepared as possible getting there, so here are some travel tips for finding your way.
Don’t have a pass, you can grab one quick at http://zoukmx4.eventbrite.com
The closest and most convenient airport to Playa del Carmen is Cancun. Each year visited by thousands of tourists, this airport is well equipped for further transportation to your next stop: Playa del Carmen. Upon arrival you have several options: the best option is to take the ADO shuttle that depart every 20 minutes from the airport. It costs only about $8 USD. If you arrive after 11 pm, you might find the ticket booths closed. No worries! Even at early hours there are cabs that can take you to Playa del Carmen. Usually this ride costs 20 USD, but it is likely that there are other travellers that also need to go to playa. So don’t be shy, and just share a cab. Environmentally conscious and wallet friendly ☺
Like in every foreign country or big city you travel to, you want to safely put away your valuables. Don’t carry large amounts of cash on you, but make sure you have enough to pay for a bus or taxi. There are plenty of large bank ATM’s in Playa. Also book your hotel or hostel in advance, and have the address written down somewhere. Convenient if you don’t speak Spanish. Most people who work with tourists will know some English, but if not there’s always the universal language of a smile. We have an official Zouk Hostel so check in with us if you’re interested, it’s $18 a night with breakfast!
In case you forgot to pack your favorite dress, shorts, toothbrush, sunscreen: you can find everything you’ll need in playa! From H&M to Zara, and from local brands to big supermarkets, you name it, it’s there. There is even a Walmart walking distance from the center! Yet Playa del Carmen maintains the vibe and feel of a small beach town. Most things are walking distance, which makes getting around super easy and walking friendly. However make sure you always have a buddy when making your way around town late at night. Use common sense, but most of all: relax and enjoy! You are embarking a new adventure and give yourself time to take in all the wonders that Mexico’s Playa del Carmen has to offer.
- Fly into Cancun International, second option is Cozumel (same amount of time to travel from Cozumel but more steps)
- From Cancun, take the ADO $8 shuttle. If arriving after midnight you’ll need to take a cab or share a shuttle ride, about $20 USD each
- Zouk Hostel is $18 a night with breakfast, message us on the ZoukMX facebook page at www.fb.com/zoukmx
- Major stores in Playa like Zara, H&M and Walmart, you can shop there for summer needs! No need to pack the kitchen sink.
- Use common sense, try not to walk alone down dark alleys at night
- Pull money from bank ATM, try not to use convenience store or ones that are on the street (there are many bank ATM’s everywhere)
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed